Schools & Colleges
Discount Software Licensing
Every school, college, university, educational and non-profit organisation knows that they have to get the most value for money possible out of their budget. Volume software licensing options through SAM UK make it possible to achieve this goal.
With the various discounts and licensing options available to education and non-profit establishments - you get the best software at the best prices with SAM UK.
The quality of our products and the standard of service we provide is why more schools and colleges choose us. Contact our dedicated sales team today to discuss your licensing options.
With the help of SAM UK hundreds of schools, colleges and Universities have reduced their software costs.
read more >>
About SAM UK
Software Asset Management UK (SAM UK) is one of the leading suppliers of software and information technology solutions in the UK to the education and voluntary sector. SAM UK manage the operation of the Software4Students website. SAM UK's licensing expertise has helped hundreds of schools and charities streamline their ICT programmes while reducing their software costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a minimum order quantity?
No, SAM UK does not impose a minimum order quantity on its customers. The only exception to this is a minimum of 5 licences must be ordered under Microsoft EES.
2. Does my organisation qualify for academic/charity pricing or discount?
The qualification requirements for academic or charity pricing differ from one manufacturer to another. Some manufacturers require confirmation that a charity is registered with the Charity Commission for England & Wales or equivalent in Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland and have a Charity Commission registration number.
The information regarding eligibility contained on our site is based on our understanding of the manufacturers' requirements and are for guidance only. The final decision on whether or not a organisation qualifies will rest with the manufacturer.
Please note that the pricing on our Software4Students site is only available to students and teachers for installation on their home PCs.
Please refer to the individual manufacturer sections in the FAQ section on the following pages: Educational institutions eligibility, Charity Software eligibility
3. Why is the quotation I received different from the website pricing?
Most of the vendors we deal with provide their largest discounts for students and we pass those discounts on to our student customers. The software and pricing on our Software4Students site is only available to students and teachers for installation on their home computers. However we also provide software to schools, colleges, charities and universities under the appropriate licensing programs.
4. Why does my MOLP agreement show an end date?
The end date shown is the date up to which you can re-order on the same 2 year agreement. The date relates to the date after which a new agreement must be set up in order to purchase additional licenses or avail of software assurance. The licences you have bought do not expire and will not need to be renewed at any time.
5. Do I have to purchase a media kit (installation disk) to go with my Microsoft Licensing?
Charities purchasing under MOLP - NO, media kits are optional.
Schools, Colleges purchasing under EES - NO, media kits are optional. All products are available for download.
Schools, Colleges purchasing under Select - YES, unless you already have a volume licensing media kit.
6. Do I have to purchase a media kit (installation disk) to go with my Adobe Licensing?
NO, media kits are optional. All products are available for download.
7. I work for an IT Company, can I purchase the Microsoft software on your Stoftware4Students site and sell or make it available to my student customers
No, the Microsoft software on our Software4Students site is not available for resale. We cannot invoice a commercial organisation for these academic licenses.
8. I'm a reseller / IT Support Company working with charities, can I purchase your Microsoft software for resale to charities?
Yes, we can invoice you or your customer for the software. In all cases we will need the end user details in order to process the licences.
9. I'm a reseller / IT Support Company working with schools and colleges, can I purchase your Microsoft software for resale to schools and colleges?
Yes and no. Under Select licensing we must invoice the end users directly. We cannot invoice a commercial organisation for these academic licences. Under EES we can invoice you or your customer for the software. In all cases we will need the end user details in order to process the licences.
Rebate to Schools and Colleges:
As part of the Software4Students programme each school and college who actively promotes the programme on campus or in school receives a rebate on each transaction. This rebate is intended to help promote the use of ICT in schools and colleges.
To find out more about the rebate, Naace, Eduserv or questions you might have as a school or college representative please use the following list of FAQs.
How do I find out if my school or college qualifies for the Software4Students programme?
To find out if your school or college qualifies please go to School Search page
I can't find my institution what do I do?
If your institution is a qualifying institution but is not included in the school list, please email email@example.com. Please provide the full name, address including county and postcode of your institution and state whether it is primary , secondary, third level or other. If your institution has a website, please also provide this.
What institutions qualify for rebate?
- A minimum of £500 of net sales must be attributed to each institution in one academic year.
- The institution must be seen to be actively promoting the programme within the organisation. This is to include posters up in the college and the Software4Students logo on the institution website linking back to the Software4Students domain. To request a free promotional pack with posters please go to the Promotional Pack page.
- The rebate amounts to 5% of the license cost of each purchase of software.
- For more information on rebate scheme or to register your interest in participating please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the terms of the rebate?
- A minimum of £500 of net sales must be attributed to each school in one academic year.
- The school or college must be seen to be actively promoting the programme within the organisation.
- If the school is not a member of Naace or C2K the initial part of the rebate will go towards individual membership of Naace.
- The rebate amounts to 5% of the license cost of each purchase.
- For more information on the rebate programme please e-mail email@example.com
What are the benefits of the rebate scheme for my institution?
The focus of the programme is to bring easy access low cost software to students and teachers, without administrative overheads for the school. This is the primary benefit of the programme. There are many other benefits to programme. The programme helps students and parents bridge the digital divide; it presents an easy, no administration, fully complaint solution for schools and colleges while providing access to software at the lowest posssible price.
The rebate can be significant for colleges, universitites and secondary schools. Primary schools may also benefit greatly from letting pupils know that they can save money software.
What is Naace and how can my institution or I join Naace?
Naace is an ICT association with a community of educators, technologists and policy makers who share a vision for the role of technology in advancing education.
For more information on how to join Naace please go to the www.naace.org/resource.asp?menuItemId=12
How can my institution enter the rebate scheme under the Eduserv agreement?
For more information on the rebate scheme under the Eduserv agreement, please click here
What are the real benefits of the software4students of the Software4Students programme to students, teachers and schools?
The Software4Students programme is more than just supporting ICT in schools, saving pupils money, making more software available for students, or making the same school license deals available to pupils. It's a mix of all of these things, and every time a single pupil buys software through the scheme:
- The school gets a small rebate
- The parent/pupil/student saves money
- The pupil gets more software than if they had bought a similar pack in store
- Pupils are encouraged to use ICT a little bit more for their learning.
Why would my students want to purchase Windows 7 when it probably came with their computer in the first place?
We provide Windows 7 upgrades and Windows Vista upgrades. This means that students could buy an upgrade for much less than from a high street store.
The majority of PCs and laptops sold to consumers come configured with Windows Vista Home or Windows 7 home. One of the limitations Home editions is that they cannot connect to a network. This is quite important for colleges, and certain institutions. We have seen some schools bringing in laptop initiatives for pupils, and this will give them the ability to purchase a low cost upgrade option. The option to upgrade to professional versions also provides teh user with faster, more secure, operating system.
I've found a Student and Teacher version of Office on eBay, What's the difference?
We provide full professional versions of Microsoft Office. The Student and Teacher version that you would have seen online or in shops is the limited Home and Student version. This does not include Outlook, Access, or Publisher - these are only available on the Professional Versions, which are available through Software4Students. This may be less important to primary schools, but secondary schools require Access to deliver the ICT curriculum, thus some schools may prefer students to be able to use this at home. If a student wants to buy Access separately, it will typically cost £120-£150 elsewhere.
Who is C2K?
For more information on C2K please go to www.c2kni.org.uk/
FREE Promotional pack
To request a free promotional pack please go to the Promotional pack page.