Run Windows on a Mac without Rebooting
Parallels Desktop® 17 is the fastest, easiest, and most powerful application for running Windows® on Mac®—without rebooting. Includes 30+ utilities to simplify everyday tasks on Mac and Windows.
- Access Microsoft Office for Windows and Internet Explorer
- Run more than 200,000 Windows apps on your Mac without performance issues
- Develop & test across multiple OSs in a virtual machine for Mac
- Seamlessly move and share content between Mac and Windows
- Coherence mode: Hide Windows desktop and use Windows apps just like Mac app
Fast, Powerful, and Easy
Run thousands of Windows apps like Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Access, Quicken, QuickBooks, Visual Studio, even graphic-intensive games, and CAD programs without compromising on performance or rebooting.
Use Windows side-by-side with macOS (no restarting required).
Parallels Desktop automatically detects what you need to get started so you are up and running in minutes.
Resource hungry Windows applications run effectively without slowing down your Mac.
Use Windows invisible while still using its applications in Coherence Mode.
What’s new in Parallels Desktop 17
Reinvented for Apple M1 and Intel-based Mac Devices
- Parallels Desktop for Mac has been rebuilt and optimized to natively run on Apple M1 and Intel-based Mac devices, improving speed and performance
- Supports new macOS Monterey
- Engineered for the latest macOS release to support new features, functionality, and deliver exceptional performance
Automatically Optimises Virtual Machine for Peak Performance
Parallels Desktop 17 evaluates your hardware and automatically allocates the optimal number of resources for your virtual machines so that you get the best performance and experience possible.
Enhanced Experience in Coherence Mode
Parallel Desktop 17 delivers a seamless end-to-end user experience by reducing distracting changes in appearance during Windows sign-in, shutdown, ad software updates.
Exciting features include:
Parallels Desktop 17 newest release elevates the Windows experience on an Intel-based and Apple M1 Mac.
- Engineered for macOS Monterey and Windows 11 (when released) – Designed for the latest macOS release and engineered to support new features, functionality, and deliver exceptional performance.
- New Display Driver for Windows 10 and Windows 11 – Improved display driver delivers smoother Windows UI responsiveness and synchronized video playback. The new driver boosts frame rate in many Windows games for a greater gaming experience and provides better synchronization with the Mac display.
- Automatic Resource Manager – Parallels® Desktop 17 evaluates the Mac hardware and automatically allocates the optimal number of resources for virtual machines so that all users get optimal performance and experience when deploying Parallels Desktop to a diverse set of Mac computers.
- Seamless Experience in Coherence™ Mode – Smooth end-to end user experience with fewer distracting changes in appearance during Windows sign in, shut down, and software updates.
- Content Share Between Apps and OSs – Drag and drop text or graphics between Mac and Windows applications, seamlessly.
- Optimized for new Mac Computers – Parallels® Desktop has been rebuilt and optimized to natively run on Apple M1 and Intel based Mac devices, improving speed and performance.
- Universal Binary for Intel and M1 (Business Edition) – The universal binary enables IT administrators to create just one package for Intel-based and Apple M1 Mac computers and leverage configuration profiles to deliver a proper Windows VM image.
- Simple Windows Provision on a Multi-Architecture Mac Fleet (Business Edition) – One configuration profile to provision Windows images for both M1 and Intel-based Mac computers.
- Plus, so much more!