Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can buy software at Software4Students?
- Why are products so much cheaper at Software4Students?
- Why should I buy at Software4Students?
- Why do I need to register at Software4Students?
- I can't find my college or school what do I do?
- How do I gain access to my previous download?
- Can I change my e-mail address?
- How many computers can I install the software on?
- Do I need to have a version of Windows on my PC before I can upgrade to Windows 7?
- Can I buy more than one copy of each application?
- Can I download the software I need directly from your website?
- Will my software still belong to me when I leave school or college?
- What is the difference between the different versions of Office?
- Do Microsoft Student products provide the same functionality as those available through the retail market?
- What are the eligibility requirements for the Microsoft Office 2010 University and Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Student Upgrade Offer?
- What is Office 365 University?
- What is the difference between the Windows 8 Products?
- Who is eligible to purchase Adobe CS6 Products?
- Who is eligible to purchase Adobe CS5 Products?
- What do I have to do to prove I am eligible?
- Where is my product key?
- Can I buy more than one copy of each application?
- Will my software still belong to me when I leave school or college?
- Can I return Adobe software for a refund if I cannot prove eligibility?
- Where can I get support for Adobe software?
- What is a media delivery option?
- What is a download delivery option?
- Is there a difference in the functionality of a product between delivery option?
- What is your refund policy for media delivery option?
- What is your refund policy for download delivery option?
- Windows 7 digital download requirements
- Microsoft Office 2010 digital download requirements & instructions
- Primary and Secondary students: All currently registered students of primary and second level schools in the UK.
- University and college students: All currently registered students of universities and colleges in the UK.
- Parents, grandparents and legal guardians: If you are a parent or guardian or have a grandson or granddaughter for whom you would like to license the software, then you can purchase the software. The main requirement to purchase is that the end user licensee must be a student or be a faculty member in one of our listed educational institutions.
- Teachers: Teachers employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, or a public or private university or college
- Please note that each individual product sold from software4students may require specific criteria in which the abouve is not applicable. Please ensure that you read the specific product page for eligibility prior to purchase of the product.
Software4Students is a programme designed with Microsoft to help students and parents access professional versions of software for home use. As a gold certified partner and a Education Large Account Reseller we are in a position to offer hugely discounted Microsoft software to students and their parents to encourage the use of ICT to boost learning and achievement. These unbeatable deals stem from our strong, long-term relationship with Microsoft, Adobe and other suppliers we work with - and they benefit everyone!
Software4Students programme is a combination of many things. It's not about JUST supporting ICT in schools, or saving pupils money, or making more software available, or making the same school license deals available to pupils. It's a mix of all of these things, and ultimately every time a single pupil buys a bit of software through the scheme today:
- the school gets a small rebate
- the parent/pupil/student saves money
- the pupil gets more software than if they'd bought a similar pack in store
- and pupils are encouraged to use ICT a little bit more for their learning
If you are unable to find your school or college in our list please contact email@example.com. Please provide the full name, address including county and post code of the school or college, please also state whether it is primary, secondary or third level.
Because our special educational discounts are only available to learners (and their parents) who are current students of the schools, colleges or Universities that are associated with this initiative. So we need you to register and agree to our terms and conditions. Registration is really easy and you only have to do it once. Next time you visit Software4Students, you can just use your login name and password to start shopping straight away or gain access to your previous orders!
To view your order history, including your download links and activation key, simply log into your Software4Students account.
You will find the required information by clicking on your order number under 'My Orders' in the “My Account” section.
If you get a message about the Authorisation of the download expiring, please send us an email with the order number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to reset your downloads for you.
If you do not see any download in your account, you may have purchased a media edition which would have been posted to you or the download maybe under a different email address that you had at that time.
We are currently unable to change customers account e-mail addresses. If you have changed your email address, you can still login with the original email address to your software4students account.
If you need to reset your password as you no longer have access to your account, please let us know and we can complete this for you.
Alternatively, you can set up a new account with your new email address and use the new account for future purchases. Please note if we do this the previous orders will not show for you.
Please see below for a comparison of the Windows 8.1 OEM versions. No previous operating system required to install this software. Installation Windows 8.1 OEM full version on 1 student's computer. 32-bit and 64-bit discs are sold separately.
The additional features listed on the professional version accounts for the cost increase for the professional version 8.1.
The alternative to the Windows 8 product OEM version would be the Upgrade which is below. However, this version will only upgrade from XP, Vista or Windows 7 operating system. It will not install on a blank hard drive for you. If your PC is running Windows 7 Home Basic or Home Premium, your files, programs and settings will easily transfer to Windows 8. If your PC is running Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, Windows XP or Windows Vista, you will need to reinstall your programs.
All our Microsoft Windows 8 are official Media discs only, we do not have the download version available for purchase.
You may depending on the version:
- Install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other device;
- Install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.
Please note, for Operating System software (e.g. Windows 7) you are only eligible to install the software on ONE computer, this is for operating system software only.
Yes. Under Software4Students programme Microsoft provides students with an upgrade license to use operating system software. For a list of supported upgrade paths please check here. Microsoft restricts volume licensing programs to operating system upgrade products. If you need the full system product, you will have to buy it commercially.
No, under the terms of the programme each student is entitled to one copy only of each version of the software.
Yes. For certain products Software4Students offer a digital download option, if this is available for the products you have selected an option will be available to choose either media delivery or download delivery at purchase time.
Yes, the license offered to you by Microsoft is a perpetual license and does not expire when you cease to be a student. You can still use the products after you graduate or leave college. This excludes the subscription payment Microsoft Office 2013 software.
The following sold under a Select Academic License which allows the software to be installed onto two devices for a single student.
a. install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other device;
b. install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.
You can re-install onto the same hard-drive on the computer at any time. If you purchase the software via disk, you may re-install from the disk marked ‘product key required’. If you have purchased the download version, you may re-install from your account on the website.
Due to the student license agreement you cannot un-install from either installation and then install the product on a third computer, the license is non-transferrable, even if a hard-drive has been replaced.
Please follow this link for a list of Microsoft Office 2007 Features
Please follow this link for a list of Microsoft Office 2010 features
Please follow this link for a list of Microsoft Office 2013 features
Do Microsoft Student products provide the same functionality as those available through the retail market?
Yes, a product purchased through Software4Students offers the same functionality as a product purchased through the retail market and in some cases more functionality. For example the student and teachers version that you would buy online or in shops is the limited Home & Student version. This does not include Outlook, Access, or Publisher - these are only available on the Professional Versions, which is what we provide through Software4Students. This may be less important to primary schools, but in secondary schools Access is required to deliver the ICT curriculum, so schools may prefer students to be able to buy this for home. If a student wants to buy Access or other componants separately, it will typically cost £120-£150 elsewhere.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Microsoft Office 2010 University and Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Student upgrade offer?
Microsoft Office Pre-launch Offer Eligibility Requirements
The Office Offer has two distinct periods:
- Eligibility Period – from October 19, 2012 to April 30, 2013: You must purchase, install, and activate Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010, Microsoft Office University 2010 or Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Student 2011, Microsoft Office for Mac University 2011 product between these dates.
Redemption Period – from the availability dates of the new Office to May 31, 2013: If you signed up, you will receive an email from Microsoft when the new Office is ready for download.
The following are requirements to be eligible for the Offer:
- It is required that you keep your Office dated sales receipt as proof of purchase until you redeem the offer, as a copy of this may be requested by Microsoft to confirm eligibility.
- When the new Office products are available, Microsoft will email you at the email address you provided during sign-up. If your email address changes after sign-up you can request an email reminder by entering your new email address on the Offer website. Microsoft is not responsible for emails that are not received for any reason.
- Software4Students or Microsoft are not responsible for emails that are not received for any reason.
- Internet access is required. The Offer redemption process is online only. Internet connection time and download charges may apply. Please refer to your Internet service provider for details.
- Offer availability varies by country/region and by language, based on product release dates. See the list of available languages and eligible Countries/Regions.
Offer limitations include:
- Offer cannot be redeemed after the redemption end date has passed.
- Limited to one (1) Office product for each corresponding qualifying Office 2010 or Office for Mac 2011 product purchased, up to the maximum allowed.
- Limited to twenty-five (25) Offer redemptions per person or organisation.
- This offer is non-transferable.
- Microsoft reserves the right to reject any redemption request deemed in Microsoft's sole discretion to be false or fraudulent, submission of multiple requests and/or providing false information or redemption requests that are otherwise ineligible.
Eligibility: The Adobe CS6 Student Editions are for students who meet the eligibility criteria set out below. Teachers and lecturers can also buy Adobe CS6 products. Only full- or part-time students enrolled at a higher education establishment, defined as an accredited public or private university or college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study, or students enrolled at an accredited public or private secondary school providing full-time instruction are eligible to purchase Adobe Student Edition software. This license may only be used on a privately-owned computer. Full details of the process for submitting proof of status can be found in the box
University and college students - students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study
Primary and secondary school students - students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction
Faculty and staff - teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, or a public or private university or college
In order to receive a serial number, individuals must provide proof that they are an eligible user of Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software. The following is needed to provide evidence of eligibility:
Students - students must provide a photocopy of a valid, current student ID that includes the student's name, date, and a photo. If the student does not have such an ID, he or she must instead provide a photocopy of a valid photo ID and one of the following items:
- Official, current non-photo student ID with name and date
- Official, current school transcript indicating name of school and student
- Official, current school tuition bill indicating name of school and student
- Official, current report card indicating name of school and student
- Other official dated proof of enrolment
Students who are younger than 18 and do not have a valid photo ID may provide an official letter from their eligible school stating their name and current enrolment status.
Teachers, faculty, and staff -teachers, faculty, and staff must provide a photocopy of a valid, current school ID that includes their name, date, and a photo. If the educator does not have such an ID, he or she must instead provide a photocopy of a valid photo ID and one of the following items:
- Faculty or staff pay check stub/slip
- Official letter from the registrar of the educational institution
Before you can install the software, you must obtain the product key from Adobe by submitting proof of your eligibility along with the coupon code provided. The coupon code can be found inside the media product.
Please note: We do not keep a record of product keys/coupon codes supplied with Media orders, remember to keep your products and packaging safe, as it can not be replaced.
No, under the terms of the programme each student is entitled to one copy only of each version of the software sold on our site. Adobe will only validate one product per student.
Yes, the license offered to you by Adobe is a perpetual license and does not expire when you cease to be a student. You can still use the products for non-commercial use after you graduate or leave college.
We are unable to accept returned Adobe software once its been opened. Please ensure you meet eligibility requirements before purchasing Adobe software. If you have purchased the software in error, you may return it to us within 10 business days if the software is unopened and undamaged. There is a £5.00 postage and handling charge for returned software.
Software4Students does not provide technical support for the installation or use of Adobe products. You can call Adobe on 0207 3650735, however, the best place for customers to get product support is http://www.adobe.com/support/
Students / Faculty / Staff
- Faculty and Staff: Full and part-time faculty and staff of an Educational Institution as defined in Establishments*, Section A below.
- Students: Full & part time students of Educational Institutions as defined in Section A and full time students of an Education Institution as defined in Establishments*, Sections A, B and C.
- A. Educational Institution: An academic or vocational institution accredited by the applicable governmental regulatory agency in the country in which the Educational Institution has its principal offices; accredited public or private primary, secondary or higher education school providing full-time instruction. This includes nursery schools, primary schools, secondary schools, high schools, grammar schools, special needs schools, teacher training colleges, technical colleges, further education colleges, research institutes, and adult education centres.
- B. A teaching hospital or medical training school: Hospitals that are wholly owned and operated by an educational establishment. Wholly owned and operated means the educational establishment is sole owner of the hospital and only entity exercising control over day-to-day operations.
- C. Administrative Offices of an Educational Institution: The local, regional or national administrative offices of one or more Educational Institutions described in Section A above.
The educational QuarkXPress software is not delivered with the validation code required to activate the software. You must prove your eligibility in order to receive the required validation code. The following is needed to provide evidence of eligibility:
Students - an unique email address associated with an educational entity (i.e. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org):
OR - a student ID containing the following four items:
- School Name
- Student Name
- Student photo
- A current enrollment date
Plus one of the following items:
- Non-photo student ID indicating name of school, student and current date
- School transcript indicating name of school, student and current date
- School tuition bill indicating name of school, student and current date
- Report card indicating name of school, student and current date
- Faculty or Staff: A paycheck slip Faculty or Staff:
- A letter from the registrar of the educational entity where you are employed
If you do not have such an ID, you must instead provide a photo identification card, driver license, passport or other official photo identification.
Once you have purchased QuarkXPress at Software4Students, you will be directed to an eligibility verification website. This website allows you to provide the required verification of your academic status. Once your eligibility has been proved, your validation code will be emailed to you.
Please note: We do not keep a record of product keys supplied with Media orders, remember to keep your products and packaging safe.
A single-user license allows you to install the software on two computers for non-concurrent usage.
Software4Students does not provide technical support for the installation or use of Quark products. The best place for customers to get product support is http://support.quark.com.
- University and college students – students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public/private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study.1
- Secondary school students – students enrolled at an accredited public or private secondary school providing full-time instruction.1
- Secondary school students – Homeschooled Students - Students as defined by state homeschooling regulations. A letter from the local council will be required.
- Faculty staff - Teachers and staff employed by an accredited, government-recognised public or private secondary school, local education authority or public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates and schools for instrumental instruction/tuition.
1Students taking courses at non-government accredited career/vocational schools do not qualify to purchase Avid Academic Products. Example; a private training centre.
The student Avid software is not delivered with the serial number to activate the software. Upon purchasing your software from Software4Students, you must show proof of your student eligibility to Avid in order to receive your serial number.
To verify that you are eligible to activate your Avid software, visit https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/avid and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Enter verification code
- Enter Personal Information
- Enter Academic Information
- Provide proof
- Receive installation codes
The following is needed to provide evidence of eligibility:
Secondary Students – Evidence of current enrollment at a public or private secondary school. This includes one of the following:
- Copy of a student ID card containing student name, school name, and dated for the current academic year.
- Copy of a report card, a tuition statement, or a letter from the school administration that confirms the student's enrollment status. All documentation must contain the school, district, or Local Authority name, student's name, and a date reflecting the current academic year.
Higher Education Students – Evidence of current enrollment2 at a public or private post-secondary/tertiary degree-granting academic institution, including government-accredited Avid Authorized Training Partners. This includes one of the following:
- Copy of a student ID card containing student name, school name, and dated for the current academic term.
- Copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school's logo or seal, the student's name, and the current date/academic term.
- An official letter from the registrar of the school, including the student's name, the school name, and the current date/academic term.
- A copy of a student schedule including the student's name, the school name, and the current date/academic term.
- A copy of a grade report statement or transcript including the student's name, the school name, and the current date/academic term.
- Screen captures from school websites may be accepted in lieu of official documentation if the student's name, school name, and valid date are clearly visible. Acceptance is at the sole discretion of Avid.
- A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes your (employee) name and (school) employer name
- An employer's written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment
2 For Higher Education Students, 'current' is defined as within the last six months.
* Elementary/Primary students do not qualify for Avid student discounts/pricing.
The student Avid software is not delivered with the serial number to activate the software. You must show proof of your student eligibility to Avid in order to receive it.
Please note: We do not keep a record of product keys supplied with Media orders, remember to keep your products and packaging safe.
We are unable to accept returned Avid software once its been opened. Please ensure you meet eligibility requirements before purchasing Avid software like Sibelius, Pro Tools, etc... If you have purchased the software in error, you may return it to us within 10 business days if the software is unopened and undamaged. There is a £5.00 postage and handling charge for returned software.
Software4Students does not provide technical support for the installation or use of Avid's products. The best place for customers to get product support is www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact#audio.
Only full or part-time matriculated students who can prove their current academic status are eligible to purchase Corel's Education products.
By purchasing Corel's Education products you confirm that you are a student and that you agree to use this software for non-commercial purposes only.
Software4Students does not provide technical support for the installation or use of Corel's products. The best place for customers to get product support is http://corel.force.com/index.
You can buy at Software4Students using your visa/mastercard credit or debit card and the online transaction is totally secure. We use secure encrypted transmission of your payment details, so no-one can see or record your credit or debit card number. And we never store any payment card information.
We are unable to take payment of the software via the telephone.
Please Note: Orders to the total value of less than £100 are subject to an administration handling fee of £1.95. This is charged on all cards used to purchase on Software4Students.
Yes. An invoice is sent automatically to you by email after you place your order. Please add software4students.co.uk to your safe sender e-mail list. You can also find a printable invoice in the order history section of 'My Account' after you login to your account.
No, products sent to the Channel Islands cannot be zero rated due to the additional individual evidence required as proof of export. The processes used to minimise costs for all our customers, unfortunately does not allow for the disaggregation of particular orders to provide this evidence.
After payment, All download orders are available instantly in your account. To access your download click on 'my account', then click on the order number. You will then see your download links and activation key.
All orders are usually dispatched within 24 hours when the item is in stock. Most Media orders are received within 3-5 working days. Software4Students operate under strict license agreements and must therefore validate a number of orders. (Please note, this happens in under 2% of cases). Please see our terms and conditions for further information.
To view the status of your order, please login and go to Order History under My Accounts.
Yes, shipping is available to United Kingdom addresses only.
When you select media as the delivery option Software4Students will ship a DVD disc or Box Set as described in the product description directly to your shipping address. All media deliveries are usually dispatched within 24 hours. (This excludes weekends and bank holidays) The products are shipped First Class Royal Mail and most orders are received within 3-5 working days.
Please note that in the event the customer puts the incorrect shipping address, we are unable to replace the software, until the original version is returned to us by Royal Mail.
When you select download as a delivery option, after your order is validated, Software4Students will provide a link enabling you to immediately download, install and begin using your product or a link to a third party supplier if applicable.
In the case of download delivery options you will not receive a DVD for installation. The information required to access this link and all required activation keys will also be emailed to you. This information will also be available within your account on the Software4Students website. Should you need to access a previous account, you can do from your account by clicking on 'my account' and click on the order number.
Please follow this link for instructions on how to access your download path and activation key from within your account: Walkthrough
No. The product you will receive when choosing either delivery option is exactly the same. Please note that if you purchase a media product key card, you maybe required to download the software as no disc will be included.
If you have purchased software in error and selected the media delivery option, we will refund you if you have notified us within 10 days of purchasing the software. The media must be returned to us unopened and undamaged. We will refund you based on your original method of payment. Please e-mail email@example.com for further details. The package must be returned within 10 business days of issuance of the RMA.
We are unable to refund software once it has been purchased as a download option. This no refund policy is in accordance with paragraphs 3.92 to 3.95 'IT consumer contracts made at a distance: Guidance on compliance with the Consumer Protection Act and with the Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs) 2000. Further information is available at www.oft.gov.uk.
Software4Students as an authorised reseller is required to prevent illegal distribution and/or reproduction of digital download software.
Please ensure you have purchased the correct software prior to any download purchase, as no exceptions are allowed.
Due to technical requirements copies of Windows 7 purchased via digital download are required to be burnt to DVD for use. To install Windows 7 purchased via digital download please use the following guidelines
- Download the Microsoft_Windows_7 installer from your account once the product has been purchased
- Double click the installer
- This will download an ISO image of Windows 7 to your hard drive, please allow this download process to complete fully before proceeding
- Burn the image file downloaded to a DVD as an ISO image format
(please note that this my require additional DVD burner software)
- Your copy of Windows 7 is now ready to be installed from DVD
Please follow this link for instructions on 'How to Burn an IMG or ISO File'.
Please follow this link for instructions on 'How to Install Windows 7'.
Before installing please check that your computer has the following requirements:
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- You don't need to replace hardware that is capable of running Office 2007; it will support Office professional plus 2010.
- Processor: 500 MHz or higher
- Memory: 256 MB or higher Hard Disk: 1.5 GB; a portion of the disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.
The download path and activation key(s) can be found in the confirmation email that was sent to you directly after you made your purchase. To gain access to a previous download product, you log into your account on our website with the original e-mail address used. Please follow this link on 'How to install Office 2010': Walkthrough
My Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 product key is invalid?
I recommend that you uninstall all trial versions of Office, from your computer before installing the software we provided. The product key provided will not upgrade a trial version to a full version. The installation/download will not complete if a previous office version is still loaded.
**Please click on the link below if you cannot un-install any previous versions of Office from your machine. You can uninstall the Microsoft Office program by going to the appropriate 'Fix it for me' section that matches your version of Microsoft Office:
Which folder should I install the software to?
If you are getting a space error you are saving/running the file in the wrong location. I recommend you run the file in the C://temp folder. If you save the file, you will find it in C Drive Temp folder.
Microsoft Office 2013 digital download requirements & instructions
Before purchase please check that your computer has the following requirements:
Operating System: Windows 7 or Windows 8 (XP/Vista will not support Office 2013 software)
Memory: 3GB available disk space or more
Please note that as part of the installation of all the Office 2013 versions you will need to download the product. This requires you to open a Microsoft account to download the software from. You will need to log onto the Microsoft account to download the product in the future or install on a second device. Please note that we do not have access to your Microsoft account and do not hold a record of the e-mail address used.
Office 365 University is a four-year subscription for full- and part-time enrolled university and college students. Alumni of these institutions are ineligible. Only University students with an academic e-mail address are eligible. Please ensure you are eligible prior to purchase as we are unable to refund downloads once purchased. After the four year subscription period is completed, the product will revert to a trial version. No additional payments are made before the four year subscrption completes. You will be eligible for all updates needed with Microsoft Office within those four years.
After purchasing Office 365 University, you need to go on-line to verify your eligibility in order to activate Office. Internet access is required. The academic verification and redemption process occurs on-line via the Microsoft account.
How many licenses/installations does Office 365 University allow?
The Office 365 University plan allows you to install Office on up to two PCs or Macs, for use by a single person. Note that Office Mobile is already available on Windows Phones and does not count toward the 2-device limit.
How do I know if my computer can run the new 2013 Office?
You will need Windows 7, Windows 8 OS, or Mac OS X version 10.6 or later to successfully run Office on your PC or Mac. Office Mobile supports Windows Phone devices running Windows Phone OS 7.5 and higher. Please note Office University 365 will not run on Windows XP or Vista.
How can I validate my eligibility for Office 365 University?
Your eligibility will be validated on-line at www.office.com/verify. During the redemption process, you will be prompted for your University academic e-mail address or log on, or international student identity card (ISIC).
Do I need to keep my Product Key?
For Office 365 University, you do not need to keep your Product Key after the initial set up process of creating a Microsoft account. You can always go back to www.office.com/myaccount to sign in and install or reinstall Office. It will be important to keep your username and password to re-install Office or complete the second installation of the software as this can only be completed via your Microsoft account. .
Why do I need a Microsoft account?
A Microsoft account is required to redeem and activate your software. It is also used to access your SkyDrive storage in order to save your Office files to be shared with others. If you use other Microsoft products or services (e.g. Xbox, Zune, Windows Phone), you may already have a Microsoft account and will not need to create a new e-mail account. It is important to use a username and password that is familiar to allow you easy access to your account.
I forgot my username or password. How can I access my Microsoft account?
If you forgot your username or password, go back to the Sign In webpage and click on the “Can’t access your Microsoft account?” link.
I’m eligible based on the Office 365 University eligibility requirements, but the Academic Verification Engine is saying that I’m not verified. How do I verify to activate Office?
Please see below for a direct link to Microsoft Support for the installation and activation of this product.
We would suggest you chose the live chat option with Microsoft support, as they can deal with the issue immediately while you are online and there is no cost to you for Live Chat.
While we try to help on technical issues where ever we can, we only provide sales support.
Please note Microsoft provide the technical support online for any queries or issues relating to the installation and use of the product itself.
In order to continue to make great value software available to all our customers, Software4Students must ensure that customers meet the license requirements of our suppliers. As a result we validate all orders prior to fulfillment, this affects roughly 3% off all orders, which in certain cases we may require further information from you in order to process your order.
The validation requirements differ from product to product, but all are necessary to ensure that Software4Students can continue to supply great value software. In general Software4Students will checks all information entered to ensure that the end user will is in full time education, or is the parent, guardian or teacher of a students in full time education. If unusual or potentially suspicious activity is detected, e.g. a customer buying a higher than normal number of products then Software4Students will place the order in validation required until we can be certain that the end user meets the license requirements.
In this case you should contact Software4Students at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give your name, your order number and any further details you feel necessary when contacting support.
If, after reading through all the Frequently Asked Questions, you still require help, you can email our support team at email@example.com
Software4Students will provide answers to questions relating to the purchase of software from our site and queries on orders placed with us. We do not provide support on the installation or setup of software. Please e-mail our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will direct you towards the relevant technical support for the product purchased.
The best place for consumers to get support is http://support.microsoft.com. This is the hub for customers to get access to self-help support and assisted support. Please note, self help support is free, but you will need to pay for assisted support.
A direct link to the self-help (free) support, customers can go to http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hublist and select the product you need help with.
For a direct link to assisted (paid) support, customers can go here http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport . Please note that assisted support (i.e. talking to a support agent on the phone, via internet chat, or via e-mail) is only available from Microsoft for a charge. You can call Microsoft on 0844 800 2400.